Although Put Put Contracting Inc. is based in Whitehorse, Yukon, we have completed major projects in all the Northern Territories including Northwest Territories and Nunavut, as well as Northern British Columbia. We are able to complete projects in remote access areas where logistical planning can be difficult. We have experience working on remote telecommunication tower sites throughout the Northern Territories, experience working in areas where equipment has to be flown or barged into the work site, and experience working on ice roads, as well as many others.
Examples of some of our projects include:
- Tamarimik-Nunaliit project – Iqaluit, NUWe installed 10 kilometers of fiber optic cable around the city of Iqaluit and installed 5 civil sites to bring better access and higher capacity internet to the community. This work included both aerial and underground work within the city of Iqaluit. The job presented a few challenges such as, permafrost and running ground water for the underground portions of the job. We had to work closely with the municipality and utility owner as well as the local community to get the required permits to complete this project.
- Civil Site Engineering and Installation for Internet Distribution around YukonWe helped complete a project to construct 48 civil sites and installed approximately 40 kilometers of fiber optic cable in various sites around Yukon. In order to complete this job custom outside plant exchange cabinets were required to be built and installed in remote locations within a narrow construction window, and we were required to have the sites ready for energization within a deadline set by the client.
- Conduit Repair and Replacement on the Racing River Bridge – Toad River, BCWe completed an emergency repair to an important data transfer conduit running along the side of the Racing River Bridge in Toad River, BC. that had failed. We rebuilt and cut over the existing infrastructure during the winter months on short notice while working over open water.
- Horizontal Directional DrillingWe have helped to complete major water and road crossings for both the Power and Telecommunication Sectors and have also assisted government agencies in the installation of corrugated culverts without traffic disruption. We have also utilized the HDD process to clear out debris from clogged culverts.
- Fiber Optic connection to the Takhini Substation in YukonWe have completed the installation of a high-speed fiber optic connection to a substation. This job consisted of a 200-meter directional drill underneath an existing regulator bank, a 250-meter wide aerial crossing over the Takhini River. and six kilometers of overhead fiber optic cable installation, as well as the installation of 48 anchors. This contract was completed during the winter months and on a deadline set by the client.